Monday, January 6, 2014

The New Year

The holidays were hard, I couldn't wait for them to end. We did do some fun things of which I will have posts for later: Light Up a Life, Denver, massive business growth and Christmas.

But the new year brings both relief and sadness. I have been looking forward to 2014 and all it will bring. For me, there is a sense of renewal and new beginnings.

At the same time, a year now separates me and my former life. I now no longer get to exist in the same year as Derek. I don't get to think about his birthday or Disneyland or feel like he just left me.

2014 will be a year of growth for our family. Last year brought change, some good but mostly bad. This year, I hope for the sake of our son, that it will restore some light that Derek took with him.

Don't let me down 2014. Although, I know that it is really up to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment